Where can I get my vehicle inspected, and during what hours?

All Kansas non-highway, salvage, and out-of-state used vehicles require a VIN inspection. The fee is $20.00 CASH or $25.00 for salvage. The Kansas Highway Patrol requires the all of the following items and information for salvage vehicles filing for rebuilt salvage status:

* Printed pictures of the salvage vehicle prior to repair of damage from the auction ONLY.

* Original receipts for all parts and material used to reconstruct the vehicle.

* If the vehicle is repaired with used parts the original receipt needs to have the VIN number of the parts vehicle.

* Original receipts from the individuals should be in the Bill of Sale format and have VIN number for the parts vehicle.

Inspection Locations:

Kechi Center:

1900 E Tigua (HWY 254 & Rock Rd)

Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 3:15 PM

Fax: 316-744-8008

Phone: 316-337-7418

No Salvage/Rebuilt Salvage, Bill of Sale or Affidavit inspections after 2:00 PM.

Wichita Main Tag Office

Clean Out-of-State Titles Only

2525 W Douglas

Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 3:15PM


Phone: 316-265-5644

Show All Answers

1. What are your office hours?
2. Where are you located?
3. How much will it cost to title and register my vehicle?
4. How can I pay for my plates?
5. Do my plates expire on the first or the last day of the month?
6. What papers will I need to title a newly-purchased vehicle?
7. How can I renew my plates if I didn't receive a renewal notice in the mail?
8. I'm moving to Kansas from another state; how do I register my vehicle?
9. Where can I get my vehicle inspected, and during what hours?
10. Do I have to register my vehicle if I am going to sell it?
11. I own businesses in several Kansas counties. Where do I register my vehicle?
12. Can I get an extension on my sixty-day permit?
13. My plate &/or decal are missing. What do I do?
14. How do I purchase a personalized plate?
15. What will happen if I have delinquent taxes?
16. Where can I find a Power of Attorney / Lienholder Consent / Bill of Sale, etc.?
17. Can I receive a refund if I move out of Kansas?
18. How can I receive a refund if I sell my car and what forms will I need?
19. I am in the military- do I pay taxes on my vehicle?
20. Where can I go to renew my disabled placard? Where do I mail it?
21. My doctor says I'm permanently disabled. Why do I have to re-certify for disabled privileges?
22. What is the Kansas State Parks Passport?
23. How do I purchase/sell a vehicle with a lien?