What are your office hours?

Both Butler County Motor Vehicle Office locations are open between 8 AM and 4:30 PM, including lunch hour, Monday through Friday. Title work transactions must be at a clerks window by 4 PM. Commercial Motor Vehicle transactions must be at a clerk's window by 2 PM in order to be processed. Title work consists of changing the way a title reads. This can include, but is not limited to: registering a vehicle in your (or another person's name using a power of attorney) for the first time, adding or changing the listed lienholder, adding or changing a transfer on death designee, removing or adding an owner, or titling the vehicle as an antique for the first time (regardless of whether the vehicle's ownership is changing).

Show All Answers

1. What are your office hours?
2. Where are you located?
3. How much will it cost to title and register my vehicle?
4. How can I pay for my plates?
5. Do my plates expire on the first or the last day of the month?
6. What papers will I need to title a newly-purchased vehicle?
7. How can I renew my plates if I didn't receive a renewal notice in the mail?
8. I'm moving to Kansas from another state; how do I register my vehicle?
9. Where can I get my vehicle inspected, and during what hours?
10. Do I have to register my vehicle if I am going to sell it?
11. I own businesses in several Kansas counties. Where do I register my vehicle?
12. Can I get an extension on my sixty-day permit?
13. My plate &/or decal are missing. What do I do?
14. How do I purchase a personalized plate?
15. What will happen if I have delinquent taxes?
16. Where can I find a Power of Attorney / Lienholder Consent / Bill of Sale, etc.?
17. Can I receive a refund if I move out of Kansas?
18. How can I receive a refund if I sell my car and what forms will I need?
19. I am in the military- do I pay taxes on my vehicle?
20. Where can I go to renew my disabled placard? Where do I mail it?
21. My doctor says I'm permanently disabled. Why do I have to re-certify for disabled privileges?
22. What is the Kansas State Parks Passport?
23. How do I purchase/sell a vehicle with a lien?