COVID-19 Resource Page
COVID-19 Vaccine InformationAll Butler County COVID-19 vaccine information is now centralized on a new COVID-19 Vaccine Page. This includes info on vaccine distribution statuses, vaccine administration priorities, and links to register for vaccination appointments.
Local COVID-19 Testing Sites
SPONSOR & LOCATION
KDHE Mobile Testing Sites and
Community Testing Partners
Wide variety of locations and availability.
Visit the KDHE website for specific details.
720 W. Central, El Dorado
Requires doctor's orders -
schedule through primary care physician.
SBA - Augusta Immediate Care Clinic
401 W. 7th St, Augusta
Rapid testing, offered daily
Call ahead to arrange sample collection
Augusta Family Practice
1306 State St, Augusta
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
231 S. Andover Rd, Andover
Limited daily time slots - preregistration required
Link to website
Butler County COVID-19 Statistics
|Confirmed COVID-19 cases
(see notes on data discrepancies below)
|Negative test results||62,044|
|Recovered cases* (updated Mondays)||6,438|
|Fatalities from COVID-19||82|
|2018 estimated population
Periodically there have been large jumps in county cases. While some of that is due to increased disease spread, some of those increases are also the result of corrections to the reported numbers. Due to data delays and issues with the state’s reporting system, occasionally lump-sum additions of historical cases have to be made to the county’s running total. This has caused inflated daily increases on 10/23, 10/30, 11/6, 11/18, 12/23, 12/28, and 2/5/2021.
On 1/6/2021, the county reported a 10-count increase in COVID-19 fatalities. While reconciling data with KDHE, the county Health Department found that the state had stopped notifying them of local deaths. This increase represented a data correction to add in deaths that had occurred over an extended time period -- it did not represent 10 new deaths since the previous reporting period.
Board of County Commissioners:
Public Access to Weekly Meetings
|KDHE Reported COVID-19 Cases||304,719|
|Total Counties with Confirmed Cases||105|
|Fatalities from COVID-19||4,930|
|2019 estimated population||2,913,314|
- Access to the Historic Courthouse will be through the west doors only. County staff will be monitoring the number of people entering, exiting and waiting in seating areas. They will be helping to ensure that safe social distancing can be maintained.
- Citizens visiting either of the two Motor Vehicle locations will be asked to check in using the QLess line management system -- this can either be completed online ahead of time or using a computer terminal on site. As space allows, patrons will be able to wait in designated seating areas. If seating becomes tight, some patrons may be encouraged to leave and return closer to their time to be served.
- Driver's License renewals are now available for Butler County residents at the Historic Courthouse. This office will utilize the QLess system, as well. For a full list of services this location can provide, visit here.
- The Butler County Health/Extension building is once again open for public access. Appointments are still recommended and masks are required in the building.
- Most District Court offices continue to conduct business through modified means. Please contact the court for further information. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
COVID-19 EXPOSURES AT WORK:
- KDHE Guidance for Vaccinated Individuals (NEW 3/12/2021)
- Kansas COVID-19 Vaccine Information (*Updated 1/8/2021*)
- Kansas COVID-19 Response & Recovery
- KDHE COVID-19 Resource Center
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Johns Hopkins University Interactive Map
- FEMA/CDC/White House Coronavirus Page
- CDC Guidance on Wearing Face Masks
- KDHE - Kansas Guidance on Wearing Masks @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|FACT SHEET TOPIC||DOCUMENT LINK|
|Home Isolation Information for Patients||Click to view|
|Home Isolation Information for Household Members and Caregivers||Click to view|
|Releasing Cases and Contacts from Isolation and Quarantine - KDHE Graphic||Click to view|
|Isolation and Quarantine FAQ - KDHE Guidance (updated 3/12/2021)||Click to view|
Mental Health During COVID-19COVID-19 is taking a toll on more than just physical and economic health. For many people, it is also causing a significant mental health impact. While a lot of the resources out there seem to be targeted toward protecting you physically, please know that a wealth of information and resources are available to support your mental health needs, too. Click here to access a resource list assembled by our local Health Department. Below are contact numbers for mental health services in Butler County:
|RESOURCE NAME||FACILITY LOCATION||PHONE NUMBER|
|South Central Mental Health||Andover Office||(316) 733-5047|
|Augusta Office||(316) 425-0073|
|El Dorado Office||(316) 321-6036|
|After-Hours Crisis Line||(855) 773-6686|
|Andover Family Counseling||Andover||(316) 247-3063|
COVID-19 Declarations, Orders and Official Notices
|NOTICE OR ORDER||EFFECTIVE or RELEASE DATE||DOCUMENT LINK|
|GOVERNOR'S OFFICE DOCUMENTS:|
|Governor's Plan to Reopen Kansas||Updated May 26, 2020||Link to Website|
|Kansas Office of the Governor: All Executive Orders||Continually updated||Link to Website|
|KDHE: Travel Related Quarantine||Reviewed every 2 weeks||Link to Website|
|Resolution 20-41: Repeal of November Mask Mandate||November 25, 2020||Click to view|
|Resolution 20-21: Regarding Requirements on Schools||August 4, 2020||Click to view|
|Resolution 20-17: Repeal of Masking Mandate||July 3, 2020||Click to view|
|City of El Dorado Ordinance G-1347: Repealing Mask Mandate||March 24, 2021||Click to view|
|Small Business Administration Disaster Declaration||March 21, 2020||Link to Application|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #11||March 30, 2021||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #10||January 26, 2021||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #9||January 12, 2021||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #8||December 15, 2020||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #7||November 10, 2020||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #6||October 13, 2020||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #5||September 22, 2020||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #4||June 14, 2020||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #3||June 9, 2020||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #2||June 2, 2020||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Declaration - Extension #1||May 19, 2020||Click to view|
|Butler County Public Health Emergency Declaration||March 19, 2020||Click to view|
|State Emergency Declaration - Extension||January 6, 2021||Click to view|
|Major Disaster Declaration for KS: FEMA-4504-DR||March 29, 2020||Click to view|
For more information about the virus or about safety precautions you and your loved ones should be taking, visit the Butler County Kansas Health Department Facebook page. You can also find local updates on the Butler County, Kansas Government page or the Butler County, Kansas Emergency Management page.