Motor Vehicle

The Driver's License Office will be closed for lunch from 12:00PM - 1:00PM on June 1st and June 2nd, 2023. Normal business hours will resume June 5th, 2023.

Real ID deadline has been extended until May 7th, 2025.

Vehicle Licensing

Whether you have just moved into Butler County or you are a long time resident with a new car or truck you must register your vehicle in one of the Butler County Motor Vehicle Offices.

You will need to get a new Kansas license plate or, in some instances, you may be able to transfer a current plate from a recently disposed vehicle onto your new vehicle. This may be done at either Butler County Motor Vehicle Office with the proper documentation and the payment of fees, property tax, and sales tax where applicable.

 Our Motor Vehicle offices utilize a line management system. In order to be seen by a clerk- you will need to sign into the Q-Less line. You can start signing in to the line at 7:30 a.m. and the office opens at 8:00 a.m.

Get in Line!


Motor Vehicle FAQ'S

Quick Links