Emergency Medical Services
Welcome to Butler County EMS
Since the 1970's, Butler County Emergency Medical Service has served the citizens and visitors of Kansas's largest county. This tradition of serving and our commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values continues as we utilize a strategic plan to meet our goals. This strategic plan will continue driving our agency forward in our pursuit to better serve our communities and those who live or visit the wonderful places Butler County has to offer.
Provide exceptional Emergency Medical Care to the citizens and visitors of Butler County, Kansas in the prehospital setting.
Butler County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) will develop a progressive culture of safety; provide an environment of unity that fosters personal and professional growth; maintain stewardship of community resources; continually strive to improve the health and care of its community and employees.
Values – P.R.I.D.E.
- Professional. We will partner with one another and our community to provide safe, courteous, conscientious, and quality service.
- Ready. We will maintain a high level of commitment and comprehensive EMS System to be prepared every day for any emergency.
- Innovative. We actively seek out new ideas that have a lasting, positive impact on our work, our community, and our environment.
- Dedicated. We will be committed to our patients, families, teammates, and community; following the mission, vision, and values we have established.
- Excellent. Our actions will maintain the quality, trust, and confidence of the organization and those we serve in a Just Culture process.
Patients, Practice, and Outcomes - Caring for our patients, enriching our clinical practice, and producing positive outcomes for our community are our core competencies. Our focus on providing safe, quality, reliable patient care; dedication to exceed performance indicators by leveraging clinical research, providing quality feedback and enhancing education will build our clinical practice; our pursuit of positive outcomes for our patients set us apart from other pre-hospital healthcare providers.
When you or a loved one calls 911 you should expect to receive care from a dedicated, competent, and engaged responder. We want to ensure our crew members perform their absolute best in your time of need.
Today, BCEMS responds to over 6,500 requests for service utilizing five ambulances 24-hours a day, 7-day a week. Our headquarters are located in El Dorado with outlying stations in Andover, Augusta, and Rose Hill.