Click to Home
Go To Search
Motor Vehicle
Vehicle Licensing
Whether you have just moved into Butler County or you are a long time resident with a new car or truck you must register your vehicle in one of the Butler County Motor Vehicle Offices.

You will need to get a new Kansas license plate or, in some instances, you may be able to transfer a current plate from a recently disposed vehicle onto your new vehicle. This may be done at either Butler County Motor Vehicle Office with the proper documentation and the payment of fees, property tax, and sales tax where applicable.

Motor Vehicle FAQ'S

Quick Links


34FechterButler00912014 (2).JPG

Ruth Fechter
Butler County Treasurer

Butler County Courthouse

205 W. Central
2nd Floor
El Dorado, KS 67042

Ph: (316) 322-4200
Fx: (316) 320-7965
Toll Free: (800) 940-6013

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm 

Title Work 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Western Butler County Office
4800 W. Beech Dr.
Augusta, KS 67010

Ph: (316) 733-9781
Fx: (316) 733-5334

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm 

Title Work 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Vin Inspection Hours
Western Office
8:30 am - 12:00 noon

9:00 am - 12:00 noon